Happy Mothers Day!
At Shanti Kai™ we are celebrating by featuring our Goddess collection, to honor the divine feminine and inner goddess in every mother, but we are also taking a slightly different twist and celebrating our shared Earth Mother. ?
A few weeks ago we put a spotlight on essences that can help you stay grounded and connected to the Earth, absorbing her nurturing energy. Today we are going a step further and highlighting essences that also help us to connect with and heal issues related to our “earthly mothers”.While none of us can go back and change who our Mom is, we can choose to celebrate her… lessons and all, no matter how perfect or imperfect she is, was, or may have been. I say it like this, not because I’m speaking personally but because in my private practice, I often utilize regression therapies, and hear a wide spectrum of stories from horrors to miracles regarding my clients’ earthly moms. But one thing we all have in common is our Mother Earth. How well we ground ourselves, and embrace the nurturing and stability she offers often determines how well we adapt to life’s challenges and how well we integrate all the planetary shifts and changing energies the world today is facing.
Many people are struggling with issues in the legs, feet, spine, knees and low back, issues connected to their earth star chakras (found in the feet) and Root Chakra (that governs spine, hips, and legs)… with all the planetary shifts and changes, political instability and global crisis, it’s not wonder we are physically manifesting these as symptoms in our extremities most closely connected to the earth herself. And even if you are not, strengthening your foundation can only ever give more bounce to your launchpad for flying higher and going further.
My grandfather spent the latter part of his life ensuring our Lady of the Rockies was successfully completed. He was one of the key trustees who funded the project; and as a child we took many trips up the steep unpaved mountain roads to watch her go up. She sits on top of the Butte Montana Rockies. It’s a monument to mothers everywhere, especially the divine mother Mary. Here we are ten days before he passed revisiting the landmark. It was a very emotional day for him.
A year or two ago, I too was experiencing instability in my legs for the first time. My grandfather, my mother’s father, the spiritual rock of our family, had just passed.
He was reverent to Mother Mary, the Divine Mother, and wrote my name in a book of prayers to her everyday. I’ll never forget, after I graduated college I stayed with him up at his lake house, arising early one morning because this light pierced my sleep, waking me up and causing me to get out of bed (let me tell you it must’ve been really freaking bright to do that). I found myself at the end of the hallway and he was on his knees in the living room praying to Mary, reciting prayers he read everyday. The room was filled with pastel colors like rainbow light flowing all through scintillating magically as he prayed. I was in awe. I never thought of his prayers to Mary in that light before that day.
I crept back to my room and I could hear this sweet soft far away music as if there was a radio playing somewhere (but I knew that if my grandpa’s music had been on… it would not have sounded like that, lol).
In that moment, and for several days after, I felt wrapped up in this mystical love I could only attribute to Divine Mother Mary. My grandfather had always carried a bridge to her, and as he passed, I felt the bridge he used to pray and support me for so many years collapse beneath me, and my left leg was suddenly frozen with the worst pain I’d ever experienced. (For those of you uncertain, left is the spiritual side and also the feminine, it represents your mother. In trauma work I was taught to discern the age of a client when a trauma occurred and which parent was involved by finding the energetic imprint the trauma left in the aura surrounding the legs).For all my studies and trauma work and years of healing and making essences to connect with the earth, here I was suddenly frozen. I now needed to heal my leg. I put myself through a number of healing regimens, and began focusing on my Earth Essences and learning to connect more deeply into Mother Earth.
Fortunately I hit breakthrough one day while doing breathwork, while also working with my Earth essences. I was in a deep rhythmic breathing trance for two hours, and when the session ended, I heard a knock at the door. Forgetting my leg was frozen I jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs…. my leg was no longer hurt. Of course there’s more to it, what I saw, how I released it, but a big part was having the right tools, the right energies at my disposal.
Continuing, spirituality often involves ascending into a higher consciousness, or the practice of surrendering yourself to a higher power; in eastern thought, it involves opening the upper chakras and undergoing transformational processes through such practices as meditation, chanting, pranayama, yogic practices, or even involves a spiritual teacher or Guru who can awaken you from the materialistic world of desire; these practices are meant to help elevate your spiritual level so you can ascend into the upper chakras. In western thought spirituality is also tied to ascension energies; Christ “arose” from the cross and ascended into the Heavens.[/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″]However, many forms of earth based spirituality have also existed where the Sun, Moon, and Mother Earth herself are also revered. Mother Earth, the one whose soil feeds us, whose air permeates us, and whose resources provide everything we need to sustain us, has also long since been a source of transformation, mysticism, and enlightenment. Only by being deeply connected to the earth, in harmony and balance with her, can we then feel safe and learn to fly.
During times of changing terrain, shifts in the atmosphere and world political climate, global pandemic and so much more, crisis all around, we first must learn to connect, use our legs as energy circuits to pulsate the grounding, healing, nurturing light the earth emanates from her fiery core. Checkout some of my favorite essences for doing just that below.
Listed below are some of the essences we recommend for increasing your affinity to and love of the earth.
Essences that Encourage Healing Mother issues and strengthening our Mother Earth Connection
- Mom & Baby™: For strengthening the bond between mom and baby and helping you to find the nurturing that may have been missing from your own mother in childhood. May help with stomach and or eating issues that stem from psycho spiritual issues with mom.
- Goddess Power™: For connecting with empowerment, and drawing in abundance. Aligning all major chakras and awakening the goddess within each one. Nurtures all aspects of the Divine Feminine within you.
- Athena™: For issues of women’s balance, integrating make and female aspects and helping you liberate yourself from earthly bondage.
- Venus™: For tapping into the romantic aspect of Venus, Goddess of Love and Creativity, who inspires confidence and charm, and helps you to find passion to create, and harness love energy as a creative force.
- Pele™: For connecting with earth’s fire energy for destruction, death and rebirth. Combining the alchemy of fire with the nurturing energy of earth brings alchemical transformation, purification and ultimately new beginnings.
- Intuition™: This Essence is like being comforted by the luminescence of the moon goddess herself.
- African Tulip Tree: For feeling nurtured and protected the way a mother nurtures her young.
- Shooting Star: For children that didn’t have an earthly mother, or who never felt that they belonged.
- Wulfenite: For energetic womb cleansing and birthing abundance.
- Morganite: Helps to resolve mother issues through its balancing action on the female heart meridian.
- Maunaloa: Invokes the protective qualities of a mother for her child, easing feelings of fear and worry and instead empowering you to comfort your “inner children.”
- Spathoglottis: For birthing new ideas and easing overwhelm in women who are pregnant.
- Andalusite: May benefit nursing mothers and infants alike, and has historically been believed to help breast milk flow. * (see disclaimer)
- Violet Agate: Helps mothers to balance the need for nurturing and healing, with necessary discipline with children.
- Queen Emma Spider Lily: May help to heal fragmentation from mother issues you may have had as a child.
- Nanea: May help you feel protected, soothed and nurtured, especially if your mother wasn’t there to do so.
- Yucca: Helps to bring in feminine yin energy to balance masculine yang energy. May help you to find wholeness within yourself and move past childhood trauma.
- Emerald: May help with the healing of childhood trauma if your mother was unable to supply needed nurturing.
- Red Garnet: Strengthens a mother’s passion and devotion to her family and children.
Essences that Increase Grounding and Earth Connection
- Earth Chakra™: For grounding, adapting and drawing from mother earth’s nurturing core.
- Tourmaline Master: Balances all seven chakras as well as the feet chakras.
- Dravite Tourmaline: May benefit your feet, legs, and earth connection.
- Axinite: For connecting with earth energy for transformation.
- Brown Diamond: For clearing the legs and feet chakras.
- Andalusite: Helps to align the upper chakras with your sacral and earth chakras, helping you reach for the stars even though you’re grounded.
- Alexandrite: For increasing your love for the earth…because if you can’t be out enjoying it loving it’s the next best thing.
- Plumeria: For lightening the feet chakras and increasing feelings of safety and ease.
- Lady Slipper Orchids: For lightening the feet chakras and connecting with Venus energy for more love and harmony.
- Autograph Tree: For help with feeling grounded if you are feeling stuck or trapped.
- Red or Master Hibiscus: For balancing the hips and legs.